What should I do if I forget to give my child her dose of warfarin?

If you forget to give your child her dose of warfarin but remember it later that same day, give her the dose as soon as you remember it. Then go back to the regular schedule. If you don't remember the missed dose until the next day, don't give her a double dose to make up for the day before. Never give more than one dose on the same day.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What are anticoagulants?
Anticoagulants, known by brand names including Coumadin, Jantoven and a new drug called Pradaxa, pro...
What is an anticoagulant?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
An anticoagulant (anti means against, and coagulant refers to blood clotting) or "blood thinner"...
What are some examples of commonly prescribed anticoagulant medicines?
SCAISCAI
Some common anticoagulant medications include:•Warfarin (Coumadin) •Heparin•Lovenox•Bivalrudin
What does it mean if my child's PT/INR test result is too low?
If your child's PT/INR test result is too low, it means that her dose of warfarin may not be eno...