Warfarin is the general chemical name of a medication, and Coumadin is a trademarked brand formulation of warfarin. This medication is sometimes called a “blood thinner” because it thins the blood to help prevent clots from forming.
- Q Is it safe for me to diet and lose weight while taking warfarin?
- Q If my wife is on warfarin, should she avoid eating salads and vegetables?
- Q What lifestyle changes must my child make now that he's on warfarin?
- Q Can I take my regular multivitamin pills while on warfarin?
- Q Who should stop taking warfarin (Coumadin) before a colonoscopy?
- Q Is there a natural alternative to warfarin?