Should I wear a medical alert bracelet while taking warfarin?

It's a good idea for you to wear a medical alert bracelet or carry an ID card that says you are taking warfarin. That way, if you are in an accident and cannot speak for yourself, all healthcare providers will know that you are taking this medication and are at risk of severe bleeding. Also, the medical alert bracelet will ensure that all doctors, dentists and other healthcare professionals will know you're taking warfarin. That's important because you may need to stop taking warfarin for a little while if you need antibiotics, surgery or dental work.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

How are anticoagulants used?
Anticoagulants are medications that inhibit blood clotting. While they cannot dissolve an existing c...
What should I tell my doctor before getting anticoagulant injections?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Before you begin anticoagulant injections, tell your doctor if you:       • have bleeding problem...
What are the guidelines for anticoagulant therapy?
The following is a list of guidelines for anticoagulant therapy: Take the medication exactly as di...
What are some examples of commonly prescribed anticoagulant medicines?
SCAISCAI
Some common anticoagulant medications include:•Warfarin (Coumadin) •Heparin•Lovenox•Bivalrudin