Should I wear a medical alert bracelet while taking warfarin?

It's a good idea for you to wear a medical alert bracelet or carry an ID card that says you are taking warfarin. That way, if you are in an accident and cannot speak for yourself, all healthcare providers will know that you are taking this medication and are at risk of severe bleeding. Also, the medical alert bracelet will ensure that all doctors, dentists and other healthcare professionals will know you're taking warfarin. That's important because you may need to stop taking warfarin for a little while if you need antibiotics, surgery or dental work.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant