Should I wear a medical alert bracelet while taking warfarin?

It's a good idea for you to wear a medical alert bracelet or carry an ID card that says you are taking warfarin. That way, if you are in an accident and cannot speak for yourself, all healthcare providers will know that you are taking this medication and are at risk of severe bleeding. Also, the medical alert bracelet will ensure that all doctors, dentists and other healthcare professionals will know you're taking warfarin. That's important because you may need to stop taking warfarin for a little while if you need antibiotics, surgery or dental work.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What does it mean if my child's PT/INR test result is too low?
If your child's PT/INR test result is too low, it means that her dose of warfarin may not be eno...
What are the guidelines for anticoagulant therapy?
The following is a list of guidelines for anticoagulant therapy: Take the medication exactly as di...
What are side effects of anticoagulants?
Anticoagulants increase the risk of serious, even fatal, bleeding. Other side effects of warfarin an...
What does it mean if my child's PT/INR test result is too high?
If your child's PT/INR test result is too high, it means that her blood is clotting too slowly a...