You should avoid drinking cranberry juice or eating any foods containing cranberries if you're taking warfarin because it may interfere with your medicine. You should also avoid eating more leafy green vegetables than usual. Leafy green vegetables contain vitamin K, which can affect the dose of warfarin you will need. Talk with your doctor or pharmacist about foods you should avoid while taking this medicine.
- Q Do people taking warfarin (Coumadin) bruise more easily?
- Q Can warfarin (Coumadin) delay menopause or cause heavy menstrual flow?
- Q If I'm taking warfarin, is it safe for me to exercise?
- Q What if my child is supposed to take a different warfarin dose each day?
- Q Is it safe to shave when taking warfarin?
- Q Can I take warfarin if I'm pregnant?