How can I remember to take my warfarin every day?

Taking your warfarin at the same time every day, such as at 6 o'clock with dinner, can help you remember to take it. Also, a pillbox marked with the days of the week may help you remember to take your medicine every day. If you do forget to take a warfarin pill, you should take the missed dose as soon as possible (when you remember it), as long as it is the same day that you were supposed to take the dose. If you remember missing a dose the following day, you should not take a double dose the next day to make up for a missed one the day before. Talk to your doctor if you miss a dose of warfarin.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What are the guidelines for anticoagulant therapy?
The following is a list of guidelines for anticoagulant therapy: Take the medication exactly as di...
Is it safe to stop taking blood thinners for afib before hip surgery?
Dr. Rishi G. Anand, MDDr. Rishi G. Anand, MD
If you suffer from atrial fibrillation (afib) and are taking blood thinners (anticoagulants), you wi...
What are some examples of commonly prescribed anticoagulant medicines?
SCAISCAI
Some common anticoagulant medications include:•Warfarin (Coumadin) •Heparin•Lovenox•Bivalrudin
What does it mean if my child's PT/INR test result is too high?
If your child's PT/INR test result is too high, it means that her blood is clotting too slowly a...