How can I remember to take my warfarin every day?

Taking your warfarin at the same time every day, such as at 6 o'clock with dinner, can help you remember to take it. Also, a pillbox marked with the days of the week may help you remember to take your medicine every day. If you do forget to take a warfarin pill, you should take the missed dose as soon as possible (when you remember it), as long as it is the same day that you were supposed to take the dose. If you remember missing a dose the following day, you should not take a double dose the next day to make up for a missed one the day before. Talk to your doctor if you miss a dose of warfarin.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

Who should take an anticoagulant?
People who should regularly take an anticoagulant, or blood thinner, include those who have had a DV...
Why do I have to stop taking my blood thinners before knee surgery?
Rishi Anand, MDRishi Anand, MD
If you suffer from atrial fibrillation (afib) or are taking blood thinners (anticoagulants), you wil...
What are side effects of anticoagulants?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Anticoagulants increase the risk of serious, even fatal, bleeding. Other side effects of warfarin an...
What is an anticoagulant?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
An anticoagulant (anti means against, and coagulant refers to blood clotting) or "blood thinner"...