Do antacids interact with other medications?

Certain medications may cause complications when taken with antacids or acid reducers, particularly those that require an acidic environment in the stomach for absorption. Also, never take more than one antacid or acid reducer at the same time without talking with your doctor first. Certain factors in your medical history may prohibit you from using antacids or acid reducers.

Continue Learning about Antacid

What should I avoid while taking antacids?
Until you know how you will react to antacids, you should not drive or operate heavy machinery. Cert...
How do antacids relieve heartburn?
Antacids help to minimize the symptoms of heartburn and acid reflux by neutralizing the acidity ...
Is it OK to take antacids daily to treat acid reflux?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Some people with acid reflux get into the habit of taking over-the-counter antacids daily to prevent...
What kind of antacid should I take for indigestion?
Jill A. Grimes, MDJill A. Grimes, MD
An over-the-counter antacid like TUMS works fine for indigestion. There are fancier and more exp...