Can microvascular angina be prevented?

Prevention of microvascular angina is linked to controlling the major risk factors of heart disease. High blood pressure, high cholesterol, and obesity are major risk indicators of heart disease, so there are a variety of things you may do to reduce these risks. Quitting smoking, eating a healthful diet, and exercising on a regular basis may help reduce your risk of microvascular angina.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Nor does the contents of this website constitute the establishment of a physician patient or therapeutic relationship. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.

Continue Learning about Angina

Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
What is angina pectoris? Angina is temporary pain or discomfort in the chest that occurs when not enough oxygen-carrying blood reaches your heart musc...
What is the difference between stable and unstable angina?
Yolanda Y. Hendley, MDYolanda Y. Hendley, MD
The most common forms of angina are stable and unstable angina. If the pain happens during certain a...
When should I call my doctor if I have angina?
Riverside Heart and Vascular CenterRiverside Heart and Vascular Center
If you have angina, then call your doctor if: Your skin is itchy or you get a rash. Your angina is ...
Could Your Chest Pain Be Angina?
Could Your Chest Pain Be Angina?