What can I expect from my anesthesiologist before outpatient surgery?

Before receiving anesthesia during ambulatory (or outpatient) surgery, your anesthesiologist or other anesthesia provider will interview you to gather the information needed to evaluate your general health. This interview may be a telephone call, a visit to the facility or the office. Laboratory tests may be ordered, and other medical, surgical and anesthetic records will be reviewed. You may be asked to fill out a questionnaire about your previous anesthetic experiences and medical conditions, allergies, medications or herbal products. If you have particular concerns, you should discuss them with your anesthesiologist.

Continue Learning about Anesthesia for Surgical Procedures

is anesthesia safe for older adults ?
Patricia Bartley DanielePatricia Bartley Daniele
Anesthesiology advances and delivery choices have promoted patient safety with minimal side effects....
what is informed consent for general anesthesia ?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
The informed consent for general anesthesia is vital for safeguarding the patient, surgeon, anesthes...
what type of anesthesia is used during a smartlipo procedure ?
Depending on the amount of fat to remove and the number of areas of the body it can very from local ...
how prevalent is anesthesia awareness ?
According to recent reports, the incidence of anesthesia awareness is between 1-2 per 1,000 patients...