What type of anesthesia do I need for a breast lift?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
I prefer general anesthesia for my breast lift patients. General anesthesia by a board certified anesthesiologist allows for perfect patient control of vital signs, airway, and maintains the patient motionless during the surgical procedure. 

Continue Learning about Anesthesia for Surgical Procedures

What is ambulatory anesthesia?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
Ambulatory anesthesia is given to a patient in an ambulatory (or outpatient) surgery facility. Ambul...
What is the goal of giving general anesthesia?
Dr. Michael Roizen, Chief Wellness Officer for the Cleveland Clinic, explains the goal of giving pat...
Can herbal medicines impact anesthesia?
Herbal and dietary products have chemical properties just as medications do. Anything we ingest (eat...
What are natural treatments for anesthesia side effects after surgery?
Dr. Toni VarelaDr. Toni Varela
Many anesthetics are metabolized by the liver, so it's generally a good idea to support the liver wi...