What can I do to manage my iron deficiency anemia?

It is important to follow the advice of your doctor in managing iron deficiency anemia. Increasing iron-rich foods in your diet can usually help manage anemia. Iron from meat sources is one of the best for your diet, although non-meat options such as beans; tofu; green, leafy vegetables and iron-fortified breads and cereals are also beneficial. Your doctor may also want to supplement your diet with iron pills; this should be done under his or her supervision, as too much iron can also be harmful. 

Continue Learning about Anemia

5 Weird Signs of Iron Deficiency
5 Weird Signs of Iron Deficiency5 Weird Signs of Iron Deficiency5 Weird Signs of Iron Deficiency5 Weird Signs of Iron Deficiency
Learn how to spot some of the unusual symptoms that can arise when your iron levels are low. There’s a reason iron is listed as an essential nutrient:...
Eating Well with Iron Deficiency Anemia
Eating Well with Iron Deficiency Anemia
What You Need to Know About Anemia
What You Need to Know About Anemia