Who should not use aspirin and codeine?

At this time, aspirin and codeine tablets are not being prescribed, so technically no one should be using it. However, if is were to be prescribed again, it should not be taken by pregnant or breastfeeding women, people with a history of addiction or drug abuse, or anyone with allergies to any of the ingredients in aspirin and codeine. If you have certain conditions that may have a negative response to aspirin and codeine such as alcoholism, anemia, bleeding disorders, liver or kidney disease, lung or thyroid disease, prostatic hypertrophy, ulcer disease, or urinary problems, be sure to talk to your doctor before using aspirin and codeine.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...