When can I stop taking Demerol?

If you no longer need treatment for moderate to severe short-term pain, ask your doctor if you can stop taking Demerol (meperidine). Demerol can be habit forming, so if you've been taking it for more than a few weeks, your doctor will likely want you to gradually decrease your dose so that you don't develop any symptoms of withdrawal.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

what are the side effects of analgesics ?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
how should i take analgesics ?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
what type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will i be given after surgery ?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
should i let my doctor know i am taking analgesics ?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...