What is Vicodin?

Vicodin is a medication that treats moderate to moderately severe pain. It contains two pain relievers: acetaminophen and the narcotic hydrocodone.
Vicodin is a combination of acetaminophen and hydrocodone. Dihydrocodeine is a similar, but different, molecule to hydrocodone.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...