Hydrocodone-APAP is a combination of two pain relievers: hydrocodone, a narcotic, and APAP (an abreviation for acetaminophen), a non-narcotic. It is prescribed as a short-term treatment for mild to severe pain or coughing. Because of the way hydrocodone works on the brain, it can both relieve pain and suppress coughing. It is prescribed under the brand names Vicodin, Lortab, Lorcet and Norco.
- Q What happens if I miss a dose of Hydrocodone/APAP?
- Q Who should not take Hydrocodone/APAP?
- Q What is hydrocodone and acetaminophen used for?
- Q Who should not take hydrocodone and acetaminophen HP tablets?
- Q What side effects does Hydrocodone with Acetaminophen (Vicodin) cause?
- Q What should I know about Hydrocodone/APAP before taking it?