What is hydrocodone and acetaminophen used for?

Hydrocodone-acetaminophen is a combination of two pain relievers: hydrocodone, a narcotic and acetaminophen, a non-narcotic. It is prescribed as a short-term treatment for mild to severe pain or coughing.  Because of the way hydrocodone works on the brain, it can both relieve pain and suppress coughing. It is prescribed under the brand names Vicodin, Lortab, Lorcet and Norco.  

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...