What is hydrocodone and acetaminophen used for?

Hydrocodone-acetaminophen is a combination of two pain relievers: hydrocodone, a narcotic and acetaminophen, a non-narcotic. It is prescribed as a short-term treatment for mild to severe pain or coughing.  Because of the way hydrocodone works on the brain, it can both relieve pain and suppress coughing. It is prescribed under the brand names Vicodin, Lortab, Lorcet and Norco.  

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...