Is there a generic version of Vicodin?

Generic versions of the prescription pain medication Vicodin are available. These drugs contain the same active ingredients as Vicodin, in the same amounts -- 5 milligrams (mg) of hydrocodone and 500 mg of acetaminophen. There are also three other branded drugs that are equivalent to Vicodin: Lortab, Anexsia and Co-Gesic.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...