Is there a generic version of Hydrocodone/APAP?

Hydrocodone-APAP (APAP is an abreviation for acetaminophen) is the name of a combination pain reliever. There are several brand name products with this combination in different strengths and formulations. Some of the more commonly known brands are Vicodin, Lorcet, Lortab, Hyset, Maxidone and Zidone.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...