What are the side effects of diflunisal?

Diflunisal can lead to serious conditions, including ulcers and internal bleeding, liver or kidney malfunction, vision changes, heart attack or a potentially dangerous condition called Reye's syndrome. If you are at higher risk for any of these conditions, talk to your doctor about the specific warning signs. Less serious side effects include: vomiting and abdominal pain, gas or constipation, nausea and indigestion, ringing in the ears, rash, fatigue or drowsiness, diarrhea and headaches. Symptoms of overdose include: confusion, unresponsiveness, continuous ringing in the ears, change of consciousness, sweating, hearing loss, numbness in the feet or hands or mouth, irregular heartbeat and fast breathing with dizziness. If you are with someone who takes diflunisal and you notice these symptoms, call 911. Symptoms of an allergic reaction include: hives, an itchy rash, difficulty breathing and swelling in the face, mouth or throat. If you have symptoms of an allergic reaction, call 911.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...