What are the side effects of diflunisal?

Diflunisal can lead to serious conditions, including ulcers and internal bleeding, liver or kidney malfunction, vision changes, heart attack or a potentially dangerous condition called Reye's syndrome. If you are at higher risk for any of these conditions, talk to your doctor about the specific warning signs. Less serious side effects include: vomiting and abdominal pain, gas or constipation, nausea and indigestion, ringing in the ears, rash, fatigue or drowsiness, diarrhea and headaches. Symptoms of overdose include: confusion, unresponsiveness, continuous ringing in the ears, change of consciousness, sweating, hearing loss, numbness in the feet or hands or mouth, irregular heartbeat and fast breathing with dizziness. If you are with someone who takes diflunisal and you notice these symptoms, call 911. Symptoms of an allergic reaction include: hives, an itchy rash, difficulty breathing and swelling in the face, mouth or throat. If you have symptoms of an allergic reaction, call 911.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...