Should I let my doctor know I am taking magnesium salicylate?

Yes, let your doctor know if you are taking magnesium salicylate. This drug may have interactions with your other medications that you are not aware of. Additionally, this drug raises the risk of blood-clotting problems. If you are expecting to undergo surgery or certain medical procedures, your doctor or dentist needs to know, as you may need to stop use of this drug for several days prior. Also, it is wise to tell your doctor as this drug should not be used under certain conditions, including pregnancy and breast-feeding or if you have heart, kidney or liver disease; and stomach ulcers or inflammation.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...