When can I stop taking Percocet?

Percocet (oxycodone and acetaminophen) is a medication used to treat moderate to severe pain. You can stop taking it when you no longer need it, but don't do so without talking to your doctor. Over time, your body can become dependent on the oxycodone in Percocet. You'll need to wean off the drug slowly so that you don't experience withdrawal symptoms.

If you want to stop taking Percocet because you feel it's no longer controlling your pain, you should talk to your doctor. It may mean you need a higher dose of the drug or that a different drug will be a better fit for you. Don't take more Percocet than prescribed; let your doctor adjust the dose for you.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...