Who should not take methocarbamol and aspirin?

Methocarbamol and aspirin should not be given to any child or teenager with the flu, chickenpox, or other virus, as it increases the risk for Reye's syndrome. Methocarbamol and aspirin may not be appropriate for pregnant or nursing women, so these women should talk to their doctors about the safety of this medication. People with blood disorders or those with liver or kidney disease also may not be able to take methocarbamol and aspirin and should talk to their doctors about the risks. The regular use of aspirin with alcohol can cause stomach damage.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Analgesics, including aspirin and acetaminophen, are medications used to treat pain. They can al...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...