If I am pregnant, is it safe to use Tylox?

If you're pregnant, it's likely that your doctor will not prescribe Tylox (acetaminophen and oxycodone) for you. The oxycodone in Tylox, which is prescribed to treat moderate to moderately severe pain, is an opioid (narcotic) pain reliever. Although there are no conclusive studies showing that Tylox can hurt a developing fetus, it is known that babies of moms who took a narcotic during pregnancy can be born with a dependency on the drug. A pregnant woman should take Tylox only if the benefits to her outweigh the potential risk to her developing fetus.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...