What's the difference between Diurex PMS and Diurex Water Pills?

Diurex PMS contains the pain reliever acetaminophen, the diuretic pamabrom, and the antihistamine pyrilamine maleate. The combination of medicines in Diurex PMS treats minor aches and pains, bloating, water-weight gain, and irritability. On the other hand, Diurex Water Pills combines caffeine with the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) magnesium salicylate. The diuretic function of caffeine is similar to pamabrom in that it helps the body flush out excess fluid. Magnesium salicylate relieves pain and can be used to treat symptoms such as cramps, backache, and headache.Ask your doctor or a pharmacist which Diurex brand best suits your needs.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...