What's the difference between Diurex PMS and Diurex Water Pills?

Diurex PMS contains the pain reliever acetaminophen, the diuretic pamabrom, and the antihistamine pyrilamine maleate. The combination of medicines in Diurex PMS treats minor aches and pains, bloating, water-weight gain, and irritability. On the other hand, Diurex Water Pills combines caffeine with the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) magnesium salicylate. The diuretic function of caffeine is similar to pamabrom in that it helps the body flush out excess fluid. Magnesium salicylate relieves pain and can be used to treat symptoms such as cramps, backache, and headache.Ask your doctor or a pharmacist which Diurex brand best suits your needs.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...