Can I use Vicodin if I am taking a seizure medication?

Let your doctor know if you're taking both the prescription pain medication Vicodin (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) and the seizure drug carbamazepine (Carbatrol, Epitol, Equetro, Tegretol). Carbamazepine may affect your body's ability to break down acetaminophen, reducing the amount of pain relief it delivers.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...