Can I take Percocet if I have a history of urinary problems?

The pain medication Percocet (oxycodone and acetaminophen) can make urinating more difficult if you have an enlarged prostate or a urethral stricture (a blockage of the tube that carries urine out of the body). Make sure your doctor knows about your condition so that he or she can determine whether you can take Percocet and what dose is safe for you.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Analgesics, including aspirin and acetaminophen, are medications used to treat pain. They can al...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...