Can I take Percocet if I have a history of urinary problems?

The pain medication Percocet (oxycodone and acetaminophen) can make urinating more difficult if you have an enlarged prostate or a urethral stricture (a blockage of the tube that carries urine out of the body). Make sure your doctor knows about your condition so that he or she can determine whether you can take Percocet and what dose is safe for you.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...