Can I take Percocet if I have a history of urinary problems?

The pain medication Percocet (oxycodone and acetaminophen) can make urinating more difficult if you have an enlarged prostate or a urethral stricture (a blockage of the tube that carries urine out of the body). Make sure your doctor knows about your condition so that he or she can determine whether you can take Percocet and what dose is safe for you.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...