Can I take Percocet if I am taking buprenorphine?

In most cases, you shouldn't use the pain medication Percocet (oxycodone and acetaminophen) if you're taking buprenorphine (Subutex, Suboxone), which is used to treat addiction to opioid drugs such as heroin and narcotic painkillers. Because Percocet and buprenorphine can both cause breathing to slow down, combining the two can result in serious injury or death.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

who should not take analgesics ?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
what should i avoid while taking analgesics ?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
how do analgesics relieve foot pain ?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
what are the side effects of analgesics ?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...