Advertisement

Can I overdose on magnesium salicylate?

Yes, it is possible to overdose on magnesium salicylate and an overdose of this drug can be fatal. Symptoms indicating overdose include: difficulty hearing, headache, dim vision, confusion, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, excessive thirst, sweating, dizziness, drowsiness, exhaustion, rapid breathing and ringing in the ears. Those 65 years of age or older must exercise caution in taking this drug, as symptoms of overdose may be less noticeable in this age group. That age group also may be more prone to side effects, and they have a greater risk of overdosing after taking even a small dose. If you suspect you have overdosed, seek immediate emergency treatment.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.