Can I overdose on magnesium salicylate?

Yes, it is possible to overdose on magnesium salicylate and an overdose of this drug can be fatal. Symptoms indicating overdose include: difficulty hearing, headache, dim vision, confusion, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, excessive thirst, sweating, dizziness, drowsiness, exhaustion, rapid breathing and ringing in the ears. Those 65 years of age or older must exercise caution in taking this drug, as symptoms of overdose may be less noticeable in this age group. That age group also may be more prone to side effects, and they have a greater risk of overdosing after taking even a small dose. If you suspect you have overdosed, seek immediate emergency treatment.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...