Should I ever seek emergency treatment for a hangover?

Hangovers usually resolve on their own, but there are a few symptoms that can crop up after a night of heavy drinking that should be attended to right away. These symptoms include:vomiting that won't go away, seizures, pallor or bluish skin color, low body temperature, slow breathing, and unconsciousness. Seek emergency care for a person with these symptoms, as they could be signs of alcohol poisoning.

Continue Learning about Alcohol & Health

Combating Drunk Driving in Hawaii
Combating Drunk Driving in Hawaii
Drunk driving is a crime. Getting behind the wheel while intoxicated not only puts your life in danger, it puts the lives of innocent victims at risk....
Why are women more sensitive to the effects of alcohol than men?
Women are more sensitive to the effects of alcohol than men are and develop serious alcohol problems...
Between dark or light alcohol, which is healthier for me?
Drinking in moderation can actually be healthy for you because it decreases risk of cardiovascul...
Light Drinking May Lift Your Mood
Light Drinking May Lift Your Mood