What causes AIDS-related lymphoma?

People infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) have lowered immunity. As a result, their bodies have difficulty fighting infections that can cause AIDS-related lymphoma. For example, people with HIV are more likely than others to become infected with Epstein Barr virus, which can cause some types of Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin lymphomas.

Continue Learning about AIDS-Related Lymphoma

What should I know about caring for someone with AIDS-related lymphoma?
If someone you care for has AIDS-related lymphoma, they may face complex treatment involving not onl...
What follow-up care will I need for AIDS-related lymphoma?
During treatment for AIDS-related lymphoma, your doctor may need to run tests to check whether the t...
Is AIDS-related lymphoma serious?
AIDS-related lymphoma is a serious condition. This type of cancer strikes people whose immune system...
What are the follow-up tests for AIDS-related lymphoma?
Some of the tests that were done to diagnose the cancer or to find out the stage of the cancer may b...