Why does my aging parent seem so angry so often?

Shelley Webb
Nursing
There are so many disappointments in the aging process such as decreased hearing and vision, mobility issues, isolation, and physical limitations. Many aging parents push a lot of anger at these situations back because it's difficult to yell at not being able to hear or to rage about getting tired when climbing stairs. They may displace the anger onto other things or people. The aging process also reminds anyone that life may soon be coming to an end and if individuals are not pleased with how life has gone so far, or if life has seems unfair, there may be a lot of anger at life itself. This type of anger can also be displaced onto other things or people.

Continue Learning about Aging & Mental Health

6 Foods to Keep Your Mind Young
6 Foods to Keep Your Mind Young
Generally, what's harmful to your heart also is also harmful to your brain. Make no mistake about it: While fried potato skins are busting your button...
Is a regular mental workout valuable as I age?
Sharine ForbesSharine Forbes
Research to-date clearly supports the idea of “use it or lose it” and even expands on the original h...
6 Surprising Ways to Live Longer
6 Surprising Ways to Live Longer6 Surprising Ways to Live Longer6 Surprising Ways to Live Longer6 Surprising Ways to Live Longer
A healthy sex life, practicing forgiveness and other tips for longevity.
Corn: An Anti-Aging Food
Corn: An Anti-Aging Food