Will I have more mobility and pain issues as I age?

With aging, most people face physical impairments, and amputees are no exception. You may get osteoarthritis, a progressive deterioration in the cartilage of certain joints, including the knee and vertebrae. Osteoarthritis can result from overuse of joints or it may be a consequence of demanding sports, obesity or aging. Another problem that can hinder mobility and cause more pain is osteoporosis, thinning of the bones or a decrease in bone density. As bones become thinner, they become easier to fracture or break. While an intact person may still be able to be active with degenerative diseases associated with aging, for someone who has lost a limb, these conditions can interfere with function and cause further limitations in mobility

Continue Learning about Aging & Increased Health Risks

How can I prevent illness and injury as I get older?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
Aging can make the body a bit more fragile. Injuries and illnesses that might have been shrugged off...
What causes foot problems in older adults?
JFK Medical Center - HCA East FloridaJFK Medical Center - HCA East Florida
Foot conditions due to aging is usually from wear and tear.
What Is the Greatest Risk to Worldwide Health for Adults?
Want to Stay Young? Watch Your Blood Pressure