How does an unhealthy diet affect aging?

A poor diet -- one that is full of saturated fats and trans fats and laden with calories --accelerates aging. In contrast, a diet rich in nutrients, full of fiber, and low in calories can slow the pace of aging. The difference between having a good diet and a bad one can be as much as twenty-seven years in RealAge (physiologic age). A bad diet can make you as much as fourteen years older than the average American; good food choices can make you thirteen years younger. If you like to eat -- and who doesn't? -- learn how to enjoy foods that taste great and give you energy.
The RealAge Makeover: Take Years off Your Looks and Add Them to Your Life

Why not live at 60 feeling like you did at 35?Thousands of Americans are younger today than they were five years ago. How is that possible? By following the specific recommendations that reverse...

Continue Learning about Aging & Healthy Eating

Slim Down Like Clockwork
Slim Down Like Clockwork
A good way to avoid weight gain as you age? Eat. Research shows that people who eat meals regularly throughout the day tend to have smaller waists th...
Why is my aging parent not eating well?
Sharine ForbesSharine Forbes
There are a number of reasons why the appetite of an elderly individual may change. For example, med...
What foods should I eat to help prevent memory loss as I age?
Sari GreavesSari Greaves
Certain varieties of fish contain high levels of a nutrient that can help combat memory loss, sa...
What Foods Should I Eat to Help Prevent Memory Loss As I Age?