As our body ages, it undergoes significant physiological changes. One such change is a shortening of
connective tissue. A shortening of ligaments, fascia, tendons and capsules can reduce range of motion of moveable joints by as much as 25%. Stretching can prevent the shortening of this tissue and allow older adults to maintain flexibility.
- Q What type of exercise can I do to stay healthy as I age?
- Q How does exercise affect aging?
- Q How should I exercise if I'm an older adult?
- Q How does exercise affect brain function in older people?
- Q Does playing Wii and video games help older adults?
- Q How long is the human life span?