How can I motivate a senior citizen to exercise?

I recommend using a 5-step process to get senior citizens to exercise more:

1. Clarify their vision or goal. Those who have a clear sense of what they want achieve more.
  2. Come up with a strategy. Learn senior citizens short and long-term goals then align these goals with their priorities to develop a plan of action. Tackle small
    goal goals that build to the final goal.
  3. Develop self-confidence and self-efficacy by completing small goals and drawing from that success.
  4. Encourage and develop persistence. Exercise everyday can lead to lifestyle change and habit forming. Persistence can also be helped with fighting boredom. Make exercise fun and change it up.
  5. Always promote learning. Have the senior citizen self-monitor to identify progress and performance changes.

Continue Learning about Aging & Fitness

how can older people stay physically fit ?
Doing aerobics, walking, and other activities that might have been easy when you were younger may be...
how can i stay physically active as i get older ?
The common recommendation has been that adults obtain at least 150 minutes of physical activity per ...
what precautions should seniors take when exercising ?
You should understand that seniors will undergo normal physiological changes later in life. These in...
the secret to healthy aging
the secret to healthy aging