I recommend using a 5-step process to get senior citizens to exercise more:
- Clarify their vision or goal. Those who have a clear sense of what they want achieve more.
- Come up with a strategy. Learn senior citizens short and long-term goals then align these goals with their priorities to develop a plan of action. Tackle small
goal goals that build to the final goal.
- Develop self-confidence and self-efficacy by completing small goals and drawing from that success.
- Encourage and develop persistence. Exercise everyday can lead to lifestyle change and habit forming. Persistence can also be helped with fighting boredom. Make exercise fun and change it up.
- Always promote learning. Have the senior citizen self-monitor to identify progress and performance changes.