Can women climax easier if they're relaxed?

Ian Kerner, PhD
Sexual Health
Studies show that women are more likely to orgasm when comfortable and relaxed during sex.

Researchers in the Netherlands found that the key to female arousal seems to be a deep sense of relaxation. In a study in which the brains of men and women were scanned during the process of sexual response using a technique called positron emission tomography (PET), the results showed that the parts of the female brain responsible for processing fear, anxiety and high emotion deactivate during sexual activity. And at peak, during orgasm, the female brain's emotion centers close down, producing an almost trance-like state. So do whatever you can to make her feel at ease and less stressed.

Continue Learning about Achieving Orgasm

How can I achieve the best orgasm?
Emily NagoskiEmily Nagoski
There is only one kind of orgasm. Sure, you can achieve it in different ways. But in the end, an org...
Why should my partner avoid pornography if he has delayed ejaculation?
Madeleine M. Castellanos, MDMadeleine M. Castellanos, MD
Put away the porn if your partner has delayed ejaculation (DE) -- consistent trouble achieving o...
As a man, how can I help my partner reach orgasm?
Good In BedGood In Bed
Sex isn't necessarily better when it's longer. If you're not hitting all the right spots, she's not ...
How can I enjoy sex if my partner has premature ejaculation?
Sari CooperSari Cooper
It is important that a man's partner be gentle and direct about the frustration they're feeling rega...