Among the many things to consider regarding endodontic treatment are:
- care in biting on the involved tooth during and after the treatment.
- having the tooth properly restored after root canal treatment to minimize the chance of fracture. (A crown is often the restoration of choice.)
- take any medication prescribed and as directed by your dentist.
- take medication from your physician unless changes are advised.
- follow dentists directions and ask about any concerns.
- understand that the root canal treatment can be excellent, but the tooth can be lost if not sealed, restored and protected from fracture.
You may wish to contact your dentist and ask him/her to provide you with information regarding endodontic treatment and your specific case. Information about benefits and risks of your care are also provided and reviewed in an informed consent prior to treatment.