Question

Orthodontics

How long do I need to wear Invisalign braces?

• ADe Vizio, DMD, Dentistry, answered on behalf of Colgate
    Invisalign braces are usually worn for 1-3 years. Each case is based on individual assessment, needs, and diagnosis.

When using Invisalign braces, you will be given a series of aligners and you will see progress each time you move to the next aligner. You should be able to wear clear aligners such as Invisalign braces at all times, removing them only to eat. The length of time you must wear Invisalign is based on how quickly you progress and how committed you are to the entire treatment plan.
  • AGreg Jorgensen, DMD, Dentistry, answered
    The length of any orthodontic treatment is determined by the complexity of the malocclusion being corrected. If the teeth are mildly out of alignment and not too crowded, your treatment may be less than 6 months. If your teeth are crowded, crooked, and you have bite problems, your treatment may be two years or more. Remember that Invisalign is just a tool, they can move your teeth no faster than traditional braces. In my office, most Invisalign cases take between 9 and 18 months.
How do Invisalign braces work?