Poached Pears With Raspberry Sauce
- 2 pears
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2/3 cup frozen red raspberries, thawed
- 1 medjool date, pitted
- Peel the pears and leave the stems attached. Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Microwave for 4 minutes. Do not drain.
- Blend raspberries and the date in a high powered blender until smooth.
- Mix with cooking liquid.
- Top pears with raspberry sauce.
CALORIES 151; PROTEIN 1g; CARBOHYDRATES 40g; TOTAL FAT 0.5g; SODIUM 2mg; FIBER 8.6g; BETA-CAROTENE 37mcg; VITAMIN C 19mg; CALCIUM 33mg; IRON 0.7mg; FOLATE 22mcg; MAGNESIUM 27mg; ZINC 0.4mg; SELENIUM 0.3mcg
Find out more about this book:Eat for Health: Lose Weight, Keep It Off, Look Younger, Live Longer (2 Volume Set)