My favorite way to make asparagus is to roast it in the oven with a drizzle of olive oil with a sprinkling of sea salt and pepper. Here is the recipe!
2 pounds fresh asparagus (thin stalks if possible)
Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
Kosher salt, plus extra for sprinkling
Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Break off the tough ends of the asparagus and, if they’re thick, peel them.
- Place the asparagus on a stainless steel baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and then toss to coat the asparagus completely.
- Spread the asparagus in a single layer and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Roast the asparagus for 25 minutes, until tender but still crisp.