Question

Diabetes

How can I keep my blood sugar levels stable?

• AMehmet Oz, MD, Cardiology, answered
    How Can I Keep My Blood Sugar Levels Stable?
    Sugar and refined carbohydrates will cause a spike in your blood sugar, which is followed by a crash leaving you stressed, tired or sluggish. In this video, Dr. Oz explains how to get protein throughout the day to keep your blood sugar stable.
    Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
  • You can make changes, a few at a time, to slowly lower your blood glucose levels if you have diabetes. Here are some things you may want to change:

•   how much food you eat

•   the kinds of food you eat

•   your activity level

•   how much insulin or medication you take
    Helpful? 2 people found this helpful.
  • AJacob Teitelbaum, Integrative Medicine, answered
    Eating the right foods is essential to stabilizing blood sugar levels. The first step is to stop eating sugar. You also need to cut back on caffeine, which worsens the symptoms of low blood sugar such as shakiness and irritability when you get hungry. Sugar and caffeine “fan the flames” of sugar addiction, hypoglycemia, and adrenal exhaustion.

It’s important to also avoid processed foods that contain white flour. White flour is quickly converted into sugar in your body. Whole grains are a good alternative, but aim to decrease the amount of bread and pasta you eat overall. To keep your blood sugar on an even keel, don’t let yourself get too hungry. Eating small, frequent, high-protein, low-sugar meals (what’s known as “grazing”), as opposed to the usual three large ones, can make a huge difference in the way you feel.
    Helpful? 2 people found this helpful.
  • AMediGuard answered
    Eating frequent, smaller meals (every few hours) can help to keep your blood sugar more stable.  Concentrate on the protein part of your diet as that is broken down more slowly, also helping your blood sugar to remain more stable.  Please contact your doctor and possibly a dietician to discuss a meal plan and options to keep your blood sugar normal and to control your symptoms.
    Helpful? 1 person found this helpful.
How can I lower my glucose level apart from diet?