Question

Cold and Flu

Can I catch a cold from kissing?

• ALauren Streicher, MD, Gynecology, answered
    Kissing is not the easiest way to transmit a cold, the virus responsible for colds doesn't live in saliva.

It's sneezing, coughing, and breathing that transmits droplets filled with virus particles. In addition, the virus can live on skin for 2 hours, so if you shake someone's hand and then touch your eyes, nose or mouth, you can become infected. Hand washing is actually the number one way to prevent transmission of the virus. So feel free to kiss your ailing honey as long as he doesn't shake your hand or breath on you.
How likely am I to catch a cold on a plane?