Test Your Cold and Flu SmartsTake the quiz
AskMDGot a runny nose? Find out more about your symptoms
Number of viruses identified
that can cause colds
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Cold and Flu Q&As
Joel Fuhrman, MD
Can antibiotics help treat a cold?
The common cold, the flu, and over 95% of all acute sicknesses are caused by viruses. I mention this specifically because one of the major issues with the cold and flu is not the illness itself but the myriad ways we try to treat it . . .
- Q What causes a cold?
- Q How can a cold be treated?
- Q What is the flu?
- Q What are the symptoms of the flu?
- Q What are differences between a cold and the flu?
- Q How can I prevent a cold?
- Q How can I prevent the flu?
- Q What are natural treatments for cold and flu?
- Q What are treatments for a sinus infection?
- Q How can I stay healthy during flu season?
Cold and Flu Action Plans
If you think you might have a cold or flu, follow these Action Plans to feel better fast.
Relieve Your Symptoms with this Herb Rev Your Immune System 5-Step Plan to Avoid Colds and Flu 10 Remedies for Cold and Flu Symptoms Learn More: See All Cold and Flu Articles
White Bean Soup
Stave off sniffles with this hearty soup. White kidney beans and spinach contain zinc, a powerful immunity booster; tomatoes add an extra dose of vitamin C.
Avoid Colds and Flu When You Fly
Watch this video for proven tips to reduce your risk of catching a cold or the flu when you travel.
Discussions on DailyStrength
I have a cough that won't go away