- remember to treat your child as the adult he or she is, even your child is acting in an immature manner
- encourage treatment and offer support
- remember that you have limits; do not become abused either emotionally or financially by a child suffering from a manic or hypomanic episode.
- be cautious when lending money as bipolar individuals do not exhibit reasonable thinking skills and can spend recklessly
- remind loved ones that it can take time to find the right talk therapy or medication and that they can't give up
A Answers (1)
International Bipolar Foundation answeredHere are some ways you can help an adult child with bipolar disorder: