How do women feel pain?

Howard S. Smith
Pain Medicine
Researchers believe that for women, pain is in the nerves. For instance, in a study in which men and women are subjected to the same irritant, women usually give it a higher pain rating. When pain is chronic or long-term, women usually report insomnia, daytime sleepiness, irritability, appetite loss, muscle weakness, and depression. All of these can make it difficult, if not impossible, to do your daily tasks, including caring for your family and working outside the home.

Continue Learning about Women's Health

How to Know When You Need a 3D Mammogram
I recently booked an appointment for my first-ever mammogram. During the call, I was offered the option of having a three-dimensional (3D) mammogram, ...
What causes the visible symptoms of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)?
The most visible symptoms of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) stem from excessive levels of androgen...
Are My Breasts Normal?
Are My Breasts Normal?Are My Breasts Normal?Are My Breasts Normal?Are My Breasts Normal?
Can You Diagnose Endometriosis Without a Laparoscopy?