Why do my ovaries hurt when I have caffeine?

Caffeinated foods such as chocolate, coffee, and many sodas can cause ovarian cysts to become more swollen and painful. Many women have painful rupture of ovarian cysts and the larger, more fluid filled they become, the more painful they can be. Increased amounts of estrogen in the body can cause these cysts to become more fluid filled. Caffeine can increase estrogen production and also might prevent the liver from removing excess estrogen. Therefore, if you are having trouble with ovarian pain, it is a good idea to limit your caffeine intake as well as limiting other estrogen rich foods like dairy, meats, and oats.

Continue Learning about Women's Health

Women's Health

Women's Health

Did you know that women are more likely to seek medical care than men? Sexual health needs, like pregnancy and contraception, often necessitate early visits to a doctor. But as we age, various health issues affect women more than ...

men, including depression, weight problems, and certain types of arthritis.In order to maintain your health and wellness, make sure you get an annual checkup.