What is the leading cause of death in women?

Celeste Robb-Nicholson
Although cancer still ranks at the top of women's health fears, cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death in women. Women are nine times more likely to succumb to cardiovascular disease than to breast cancer, but heart disease encroaches more stealthily; its symptoms may be more subtle and begin about a decade later in women than they do in men, and it usually doesn't kill until women are over 70.

Continue Learning about Women's Health

Busy Woman's Guide: How to Wear High Heels Pain-free
The higher the heel, the closer to God, I say. My husband (an orthopedic surgeon), on the other hand, says the solution to high heel pain is to not we...
How is digital mammography different from a mammogram?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
Mammography continues to be the best screening method available for breast cancer. Improvements in i...
4 Simple DIY Health Checks Every Woman Should Know
4 Simple DIY Health Checks Every Woman Should Know4 Simple DIY Health Checks Every Woman Should Know4 Simple DIY Health Checks Every Woman Should Know4 Simple DIY Health Checks Every Woman Should Know
Incredibly easy self-exams for health conscious ladies on-the-go.
How to Make the Shift From Perfect to Real