How do I choose a vaginal lubricant?

The world of lubes is confusing, and there are a lot of products out there. You will see shelves of vaginal lubricants that warm up, light up, and come with a theme song. Your first impulse will be to grab the bottle at the very end of the aisle, while stocking up on shampoo and deodorant to hide the fact that vaginal lubricant is the only thing on your list. But take some time with your decision, because this is an important one.

I am a fan of silicone lubricants since they tend to be the most slippery, longest lasting, and least irritating. Silicone lubes are a little pricier than water-based lubes, but they're well worth it. You get what you pay for.

Continue Learning about Women's Health

News: FDA Warns About Use of Certain Devices for “Vaginal Rejuvenation”
In late July 2018, the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) released a statement warning women considering having “vaginal rejuvenation” or cosmetic ...
How is digital mammography different from a mammogram?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
Mammography continues to be the best screening method available for breast cancer. Improvements in i...
Things No One Tells You About Menopause
Things No One Tells You About MenopauseThings No One Tells You About MenopauseThings No One Tells You About MenopauseThings No One Tells You About Menopause
Hair in weird places, “menopause brain” and other wonders of the female body. 
What Tests Help Diagnose Endometrial (Uterine) Cancer?