How do I choose a vaginal lubricant?

The world of lubes is confusing, and there are a lot of products out there. You will see shelves of vaginal lubricants that warm up, light up, and come with a theme song. Your first impulse will be to grab the bottle at the very end of the aisle, while stocking up on shampoo and deodorant to hide the fact that vaginal lubricant is the only thing on your list. But take some time with your decision, because this is an important one.

I am a fan of silicone lubricants since they tend to be the most slippery, longest lasting, and least irritating. Silicone lubes are a little pricier than water-based lubes, but they're well worth it. You get what you pay for.

Continue Learning about Women's Health

4 Wardrobe Blunders That Can Make You Fat, Sick or Both
Stretch pants, wooly sweaters and platform shoes could be a health hazard. Here's why it can be risky to wear them, and what you can swap them for. 1...
What is the meaning of girl power?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
A clever advertising tactic that has become mainstream is to manipulate the message that many femini...
6 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Know
6 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Know6 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Know6 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Know6 Things Your Gyno Wants You to Know
Get the most out of your next OBGYN appointment with these expert tips.
How Would a Female Viagra Work?
How Would a Female Viagra Work?