How do I choose a vaginal lubricant?

The world of lubes is confusing, and there are a lot of products out there. You will see shelves of vaginal lubricants that warm up, light up, and come with a theme song. Your first impulse will be to grab the bottle at the very end of the aisle, while stocking up on shampoo and deodorant to hide the fact that vaginal lubricant is the only thing on your list. But take some time with your decision, because this is an important one.

I am a fan of silicone lubricants since they tend to be the most slippery, longest lasting, and least irritating. Silicone lubes are a little pricier than water-based lubes, but they're well worth it. You get what you pay for.

Continue Learning about Women's Health

Women's Health

Women's Health

Did you know that women are more likely to seek medical care than men? Sexual health needs, like pregnancy and contraception, often necessitate early visits to a doctor. But as we age, various health issues affect women more than ...

men, including depression, weight problems, and certain types of arthritis.In order to maintain your health and wellness, make sure you get an annual checkup.