How do I choose a vaginal lubricant?

The world of lubes is confusing, and there are a lot of products out there. You will see shelves of vaginal lubricants that warm up, light up, and come with a theme song. Your first impulse will be to grab the bottle at the very end of the aisle, while stocking up on shampoo and deodorant to hide the fact that vaginal lubricant is the only thing on your list. But take some time with your decision, because this is an important one.

I am a fan of silicone lubricants since they tend to be the most slippery, longest lasting, and least irritating. Silicone lubes are a little pricier than water-based lubes, but they're well worth it. You get what you pay for.

Continue Learning about Women's Health

6 Experts Explain How to Improve Your Breast Health Today
Sharecare asked a group of oncologists and surgeons how readers could boost their breast health in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The experts...
How does diabetes affect my sexual desire as a woman?
dLife - It's YOUR Diabetes Life!dLife - It's YOUR Diabetes Life!
Diabetes can affect a woman's sexual desire in a number of ways. For example, depression and anxiety...
7 Worst Things for a Woman’s Heart
7 Worst Things for a Woman’s Heart7 Worst Things for a Woman’s Heart7 Worst Things for a Woman’s Heart7 Worst Things for a Woman’s Heart
Forgoing your daily workouts and experimenting with yo-yo dieting may be wreaking havoc on your ticker.
As a Mom, How Can I Find Time to Exercise?