As a woman in my 30s, how can I avoid stress and depression?

RealAge
Administration

Try the fifty hours per week that you may be working, and add caring for the kids, cooking, cleaning, shopping, and paying the bills, and it’s easy to see how you may have zero time left for yourself. That can lead to stress, physical exhaustion, and even depression. We all have high expectations of ourselves but sometimes you just can’t do it all. Beating yourself up over anything you view as your failings won’t help you. Neither will missing meals, scarfing down junk food, or skipping exercise when you’re stressed. Choose the healthy things you like (walking along the beach, hiking through the woods, going to movies with your kids, planning a special night out with your husband), and zero in on them rather than the negatives.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Women's Health

Women's Health

Women's Health

Did you know that women are more likely to seek medical care than men? Sexual health needs, like pregnancy and contraception, often necessitate early visits to a doctor. But as we age, various health issues affect women more than ...

men, including depression, weight problems, and certain types of arthritis.In order to maintain your health and wellness, make sure you get an annual checkup.