What is the rate of incidence for toxic bioaccumulation?

The bioaccumulation of toxic substances is very common and virtually impossible to avoid in the developed world. The substances do not always harm us, and our bodies sometimes use the process of bioaccumulation to protect us by storing toxic substances in our fat reserves. The Center for Disease Control says their research shows synthetic chemicals in almost all individuals in the United States, including newborns.

Continue Learning about Bioaccumulation

How do I manage my toxic bioaccumulation on a daily basis?
Avoiding further exposure to toxic substances is one of the most important ways to manage toxic bioa...
How can toxins cause fatigue?
Eva B. Cwynar, MDEva B. Cwynar, MD
Toxic overload is a condition that I consider to be one of the most frequent, yet least diagnose...
Can toxic bioaccumulation be prevented?
It is difficult to totally avoid the bioaccumulation of toxic substances in the developed world. In ...
Are there alternative treatments for toxic bioaccumulation?
There are alternative treatments for toxic bioaccumulation. Individuals should avoid continued expos...