Can support groups help me in maintaining a healthy weight?

Kelly Traver

I encourage you to try to keep plugged into a healthy social network, whether with family, friends, or work colleagues. Think carefully about your personalized plans for maintenance. Continue to work on being your own best coach. The more support you create for yourself, the more likely you are to be successful in continuing your new, healthful habits for the rest of your life.

Continue Learning about Weight Maintenance

Weight Loss Help for Weight Regain
Weight Loss Help for Weight Regain
Have you lost a little weight, only to gain some of it right back? If you’re looking for weight loss help, take heart: All is not lost, if you exercis...
Displacement Theory for Diets
Displacement Theory for Diets
You're less likely to see the numbers on the scale creep higher along with your age if you do this: Eat a bit more fruit with each passing year. The ...
How do I know if I am a healthy size?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Not everyone can, or should, be skinny. But everyone can be healthier. Doctors use two common wa...
What treatment is used for weight management?
Dr. Ramani Durvasula, PhDDr. Ramani Durvasula, PhD
There is no single treatment - there are numerous factors that are brought to bear in weight managem...