Can support groups help me in maintaining a healthy weight?

Kelly Traver

I encourage you to try to keep plugged into a healthy social network, whether with family, friends, or work colleagues. Think carefully about your personalized plans for maintenance. Continue to work on being your own best coach. The more support you create for yourself, the more likely you are to be successful in continuing your new, healthful habits for the rest of your life.

Continue Learning about Weight Maintenance

Weight Maintenance

Weight Maintenance

Losing the weight is only one step in the journey to better overall health. After the weight is gone, it's all about maintenance – adopting a lifestyle that incorporates healthy eating, daily exercise and continued goal setting. A...

nd there are lots of different ways to maintain your weight that help make the lifestyle switch easier: eat breakfast daily, load up on fruits and veggies and establish manageable weight loss habits like walking once a day. All of these can be easily incorporated in your healthy weight maintenance plan and keep you from putting the pounds back on.