Can support groups help me in maintaining a healthy weight?

Kelly Traver

I encourage you to try to keep plugged into a healthy social network, whether with family, friends, or work colleagues. Think carefully about your personalized plans for maintenance. Continue to work on being your own best coach. The more support you create for yourself, the more likely you are to be successful in continuing your new, healthful habits for the rest of your life.

Continue Learning about Weight Maintenance

4 Ways to Fight Winter Weight Gain
4 Ways to Fight Winter Weight Gain
Picking up a few extra pounds in cold weather -- that dreaded "winter weight gain" -- is maddening. Even though your metabolism speeds up a bit to kee...
Magic Number That Keeps Weight Off
Magic Number That Keeps Weight Off
Lost a little weight recently? Here's the magic number you need to know to keep it off: 275. That's how many extra minutes of exercise per week a stu...
Does maintaining weight loss get easier with time?
James O. HillJames O. Hill
Yes, they do. Follow the stories of people who've successfully lost weight and they'll tell you th...
How much can my weight fluctuate in one day?
Heidi PowellHeidi Powell
The amount a person's weight can fluctuate every day really depends on that individual's body. In th...